Friday, June 3, 2011

Writers Choice Introduction


In the Identity Discussion board 2 I believe that I expressed my ideas clearly and supported them more then in any other paper. I think that this makes the piece not only strong but also in several ways it validates what I am saying. Being able to create and express an opinion on a topic that is not normally thought able provides an amazing feeling and goes unmatched by other papers when compared. When using quotes such as, "Until I can take pride in my language, I cannot take pride in myself" (Anzaldua pg. 82), to me this statement is false. Anzaldua backs this statement up by saying, "I am my language" (Anzaldua pg 82) and later stating that, to me this seems false because from personal feeling I derive something else when thinking about language. I clearly depict these feelings and continue to back them up using Anzaldua’s words and turning them to meet the meaning that I need to back up my thoughts. To me this shows a deeper level of thinking and as a writer shows my strength in not only providing quotes but in being able to organize my feelings and project them using the support of texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment