Friday, June 3, 2011

Reflection Letter

My name is Brett Larsen; I am 19 years old and still trying to find out a lot about myself. Though I feel that I still have many years to go to completely find myself throughout this quarter I have made huge steps in this process. What I do know is, I am a musician. I live, breath, eat, and sleep music. Currently I am going to EVCC to work towards becoming a Physical Education teacher; though that is a passion of mine, being on the road touring with my band is all I think about every day. Many people strongly disagree with what I sing about in my band and that’s why Death Metal is still an underground genre. I know that if some of the record label deals we are working on go through I will live a life on the road and be dirt poor for the rest of my life; I wouldn’t have it any other way.

At the beginning of this quarter we focused on Identity, the reading and assignments I did for this section helped me realize a couple things about myself. First off it helped me realize how much better my life is when I stop worrying about what others think about me. I also realized how proud of myself I am for never being the kind of person to give into peer pressure from others. The realization of all this has made me a lot happier. When we moved onto the Community section it made me think a lot about my friends as well as my passions. My friends helped get me into the passions I have. Most of them are musicians and focus primarily on the genre “Death Metal”, now I spend almost every weekend of my life on stage with them having one hell of a time. They push me pretty hard to always strive to better myself in school, music, life, everything. One of the last topics we covered in this class was Tradition. In the tradition unit I learned more about how big of an impact the Internet has on my life and most peoples I knows life. When I was young I would communicate face to face with my friends and family, and now I communicate a lot through the Internet but thankfully still primarily face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment