Friday, June 3, 2011

Critical Thinking Introduction


Critical Thinking Introduction
During the analysis of the paper I wrote for District 9, I came across several different sentences that demonstrate my ability to depict different situations and explain the details of what is occurring. In the following sentences I am able to explain different things that are going on in the movies. When doing this I further explain their actions and the situations where this is observable. “One way this movie demonstrates what it is to be an outsider is by the hostility between humans and aliens. From the time that the aliens touched Earths ground they were outsiders. The customs of these aliens were different than that of a human and this caused tension between the two species. Riots started because of how badly humans wanted the aliens to be segregated from their species. Once the aliens became segregated from humans they became even more of an outsider.” When writing this I clearly explain the differences between the two species and how that plays into their ability to get along and/or fighting. I feel as though this is a strong analysis because of the comparing and contrasting that I talk about. I think that this is an example of how my writing has progressed over the last couple of months. Instead of just looking at what they give you I am able to break down their actions to find the deeper message that may be there. It simply doesn’t stop at “They don’t get along because they are different.” Instead I am able to dive deep into the differences that they have and further explain their actions and motives. I feel as though this helps in the support of my paper because it shows the reader that I am seeing the whole picture and able to describe in greater details the trials that each species could face and why they choose to go this route. Supporting evidence such as quotes and references to the movies always help back up or prove a point better than simply stating my opinion. This drives the reader into a sense of security that I know what I am talking about and therefore am a trustworthier source.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment