Friday, June 3, 2011

Voice and Audience Introduction

I chose to review my post of the Wallet because I feel like it demonstrates my ability to use voice and project questions into the readers mind and make them actually think about what they are reading. When I said, “What would someone first think that they would find inside my wallet just from its outer appearance? On the outside my wallet is gray, black, covered in skulls, and the leather is very worn and cracked. Personally I would think that there would be heavy metal concert tickets or some sort of horror movie imagery within its contents. Even though this is my wallet, it is still to my surprise that none of the above listed is inside this flimsy cracked leather.” In my opening paragraph it was to entice different thoughts from the reader regarding this wallet and many others. I think that it raises questions but does not provide all the answers, thus making the reading look past the words and make inferences and questions regarding the piece. However, I do not leaving you guessing for long. After getting your brain questions I gently lay down the facts. When stating that my driver’s license was the first card that you see it allows you to slowly bring together more images of what the wallet actually looks like. In this I just made the reader question, answer it themselves and provide the correct answer after. In this not only does the reader think that I am talking directly to them projecting great voice but a sense of personalization when reading the paper. This was a subject that everyone can relate to because everyone either has seen a wallet or owns one. This can apply to a wide verity of people and does not isolate anyone from not being able to relate. I think that when posting to different forums as a reader it made me realize what I need to acquire a deeper curiosity and what allows me to better analyze a piece of writing. After determining what helps me as a reader I then applied it to my writing and made it a goal to connect with everyone and get them involve with the subject I was writing about. I think that in some ways this is a challenge because you are trying to appeal to everyone and get across the same universal message even though each person has different thinking patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment