Saturday, June 4, 2011

Revision Piece Revision

About five years ago I became friends with a new group of “metal heads”. This group has taught me many new things about myself. This group of people is what I believe to be my very first community that I actually felt a part of, the Metal community. If it wasn’t for this community that I speak of, I really don’t think I would be the person I am today. Before I joined this group of people, I was trying way too hard to fit in and be cool with everyone, and now that I look back at these memories, I realize that how hard I was trying was actually working against me. This group was the exact opposite of how I viewed life. My life made basically an 180-degree turn. I’ve learned more about myself over these 5 years than any time prior. I have learned about myself are some of my favorite things that have happened to me. This community helped me learn that I do not care about how others perceive me. People’s perception of me once was one of the most important things to me. Now that I can truly allow myself to be me all the time, I am so much happier. Another thing that I have learned about myself through this community is that I have talents, which I would have never before imagined. This community has taught me that I am a musician and a better one than what I could have imagined ever being. I’ve learned that I am competitive with just about everything, probably more than what I should be. I am very thankful for my community and everything that the “metal heads” have helped me learn about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment